Tuesday, January 27, 2009

PSYCHING OUT: Cannibal edition

I'm going to go off and discuss/complain/share about psychology matters once in a while. Funny enough, I barely had any interest when I decided to pick up this major. Now I can't stop blabbing about it amongst my other TV things. I have very patient friends. 

So, a friend of mine told me to read this Vice Magazine article about Issei Sagawa, a guy who killed and ate a whole woman mostly RAW (he kept some of the meat in the fridge so he could eat it for days)... It was actually interesting but yet I was still disturbed by the interview, so I thought I should share my disturbances with the world (yes, you are welcome). Mr. Sagawa thinks that its REALLY OK to kill and eat someone and he's still looking for his next meal ticket. He prefers that his next "victim" to be a young, beautiful Japanese woman...  A warning to the targeted demographic: don't wear short skirts, because this one guy will want to eat your ass (not in a good way). I'm not going to post a large photo, because I find him to be creepy. 


uh, how he talks about food: 

"At first I bit into her butt with the intention of munching right through, but it’s impossible! Human skin is so thick. I ended up with a sore jaw, although I managed to leave some teeth marks. I ended up swallowing the clitoris and some pubes without chewing on it because she had her period then and the smell was just horrendous. But it was the first moment that I actually felt a sort of sexual pleasure in eating her, as if my inner body was on fire. Also, you know how beef or whale meat has a sort of beastly smell to it? Human meat is odorless. I actually believe that human meat is the tastiest of all meats. It doesn’t have any of that gamey animal smell. When I ate some more a couple of days later, just before I got arrested, the meat had become sweeter and it tasted great. The meat on the soles of her feet smelled bad, though, and didn’t taste very nice. The neck was the best. The meat tastes more delicate as you move up the body, especially above the torso. Her tongue was delicious as well. I took it out of her mouth and chewed on it raw. Neither the neck nor the tongue has much meat on it, though, so if you really want to feast, you should eat the thighs. "

Even though he's disturbed, I find it that he seems to be well educated and very eloquent about his "problem." I feel that its like the extreme opposite of a phobia. (I know a person who would freak the fuck out when she's in the same room with a spider, or when she thinks she sees a spider on the other side of the road. kuhraazy) Anyways, maybe its an extreme fetish version of biting people. (I know some of you like to bite, i've dated some biters, so don't lie to me please.) Because he believes that even kissing is a cannibalistic urge, you want to kiss the person, therefore you want to taste the person's flavor... it makes sense, but non-cannibals do it for foreplay to sex, you do it as eating hor's doeuvre before your meal. GARGANTUAN DIFFERENCE.  
-sidenote: did you know that cannibalism isn't a taboo amongst all culture, the only consistent taboo for everyone is incest. 

anyways, here's the article, i've warned you. 

uh, i'm not sure if its NSFW, but its still pretty gross. a picture of the body that they found of the girl... Thank the Universe that the picture is old and small

*thanks Pey for making me read this article. 

No comments:

Post a Comment