Monday, August 31, 2009

Don't Fuck with the Gods


I don't know what got into me today, but I've been on the History channel for at least 4 hours. And it wasn't like there was a variety of shows, it was a marathon on the show called "Clash of the Gods." .............................
This is basically a show about Greek mythology, one episode is dedicated to one character in the myths. So far, I've seen Hercules, Hades, Zeus, and the Minotaur. And I have a few points from what I have learned about Greek Mythology.
  • If you are in a field alone plucking on flowers, BAD SHIT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU.
  • IF you are way too happy, you might potentially DIE. So lets just say you're with your boy/girlfriend and you are totally in love and you are so so happy together. Tomorrow one of you will die. Pure happiness is only for the gods.
  • If you try to outsmart a god, you will be beyond fucked and can't be helped to a lifetime of misery.
Seriously some of these stories are so fucked up: Incest, cannibalism, bestiality, rape and all the other disturbing topics you can think about.

I realized that Disney's Hercules is a super failure version of the real thing. Somebody needs to make an epic movie about these characters. Make the R rated Hercules story in which he kills his own wife and kids before he has to do the 12 labors. I can see that this has Oscar potential written everywhere on it. Hercules: The Brooding Hero.

I appoint Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as the new Hercules. Thank you movie gods for listening to my wishes, as a sacrifice I have dedicated this post to you. Or if that's not enough, then I have some pet spiders that I will smite for thee. You are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. The Greek gods are kinda effed up... in comparison the Egyptian and Norse gods are kinda lame: the Egyptians don't do much (although they have cool animal heads) and the Norse just go to war, kill each other, drink some beer, and go back to step 1. Ho hum. No wonder the Greeks get all the TV, book and movie deals.

    Dr. Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i suggest a blog-fest about the finale of true blood?

    also, what happened to ur weekly grills? i had some soul-searching questions about the different ways that you can cook spam...

    ReplyDelete