Saturday, November 7, 2009

THERE IS A FIRE IN ST. MARKS!

THIS IS NOT TV RELATED AT ALL! BUT THERE IS A FIRE, AS IN A BURNING BUILDING, ON ST. MARKS! To be exact, its on St. Marks between 2nd and 3rd avenue. It happened about 40 minutes ago and the fire lasted about 30 minutes and the fire brigades came around 10-15 minutes after the smoke started (if I'm correct in my time estimation).

I don't know what caused the fire and if there's any injuries/casualties or anything, but all I have are photos and maybe some decent videos (which I'm not able to upload). First, I smelled something burning, so I looked outside my window and SAW THIS:








CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO ENLARGE IT

Went to my roof to see where it was located or how bad it was... and it looks pretty bad. The smoke was covering about 4 blocks and 2 avenues. It did NOT smell good at all. Hope nobody is injured.

If any of you know what's going on. Please tell me or post a link of the news to the comments section.

UPDATE: It seems that there's only 2 people that care enough about reporting this shit. I still can't find anything in the news that related to this morning's incident. After asking around, I think its safe to say that Klong (the Thai restaurant) was burned down by the fire. Fortunately, the building right above it seems fine.

UPDATEII: OK, thanks to my avid researcher, she found one article that perfectly described exactly what I have already written above. READ HERE . And yes, it has been confirmed that Klong was on fire.

2 comments:

  1. woah..did anyone get hurt?
    what about o taisho?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One person was taken to the hospital with very minor injuries. There was a lot of smoke damage to the apartments above, but one apartment was totalled.

    ReplyDelete