Saturday, June 12, 2010

World Cup FEVER WAKA WAKA


The biggest sporting event of the year is UPON US! Last night I stayed up till after midnight (like WAAAAY past my bedtime) to finish watching the opening ceremony. To my surprise, it was actually good! It was fun, with lots of colors, dancing, and a giant ass dung beetle. Besides that I saw a quick camera zoom on Naomi Campbell being super cheerful... If the show is good enough for her, its WAY to good for us.


Anyways, I'm out of the country and therefore doesn't know any kind of situation in USA regarding to the World Cup. But here, EVERYONE is trying to accommodate their schedules revolving the games. Besides the usual skipping-work routine, some boss of a delivery company will open his house throughout this whole month so his employee can watch the games and congregate. This was local prime time news material yesterday.

I am rooting for a lot of teams (but ITALIA is my one true love), so its just a matter of process of elimination to see who'll win in the end. So far there was an opening game last night for South Africa vs. Mexico (1-1), as much as I would like to have seen them win the first game it sadly didn't happen.

On another note, there is currently an ongoing issue with my wireless service as it one day just STOPPED working. After this shit is FIXED, I will finally be able to watch something online. If not, then I will watch S. Korea vs. Greece. Its called desperate.

*Thanks to my unidentified neighbor who gives out free internet, your karma in return will be a splendid one.

1 comment: