Tuesday, June 9, 2009

MOMENTOUS TIME OF MY LIFE


I.finally.got.BRAVO.

After negotiating with my Time Warner Cable representative, I was able to receive (many more) additional channels with lower prices. Do you know why I did this? I was so sick not being able to watch The Real Housewives of New Jersey that I finally CAVED. I thought I could live without Bravo, but the sad reality of life-after-graduation has hit me hard and I'm frequently tempted by all those channels that I do not have. Also, they didn't give me FX before (yes, you may *gasp* now). 

Another reason why I didn't do this sooner, is because I was scared of those Time Warner bitches. I complained once before and they didn't do anything for  me, and I just let it be. (Yes, I'm chicken-shit when it comes to "confrontation"). Thanks to the advice of my viewerships, I called in to cancel their services (this is the trick you guys), and when they ask you why you're canceling, just say that "I'm switching to another cable network." And the rest is history. 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying that this method will always work. If you happen to get a representative on a bad day, they might actually go ahead and cancel all your services and within minutes you might not have cable/internet/phone services. Then you are semi-FUCKED and may start to panic a little bit. But DON'T WORRY, you can always call back again and have your cable up and running ASAP (its always a different representative). The chances of that happening is really low since they are DESPERATE to cling on to their clients. Trust me, D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E. Their desperation is the key towards my happiness. 

Good luck for those who wants to try it. I totally recommend it. And sometimes, if you complain for a continuous period of time, they might give you free movie channels (HBO/Showtime) for up to three months or more.

*Thanks to both Tala and Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment