Monday, July 20, 2009

CONFUSED

I've been on a cartoon overload lately, maybe that's why my brain is slowly deteriorating. I saw this today on Cartoon Network:

They look kinda familiar, but I can't seem to place them anywhere, until he showed up:

MOJO FUCKING JOJO! I recognize that crazy-ass-green monkey ANYWHERE! *I don't know what's happening in this scene, maybe he's going to eat those children as his meal (hence the giant birdcage). But they look too happy... so maybe they're excited because they don't have to go to school. ANYWAYS. 

Then I had a lightbulb moment: Yes my readers, this is some sort of defunct Powerpuff Girls. 
WHAT? Yeah, same response from this side of the world. 
I saw only about 5 minutes of it before the show ended, and it seems to be a Japanese anime. Yes, they are apparently the teenager version of them and the show is now called POWERPUFF GIRLS Z. After looking at their Wikipedia entry, I realize that it was worse than I thought. Their names are: Hyper Blossom, Rolling Bubbles, and Powered Buttercup... OH HELL NO!


Not only that, they have to TRANSFORM to become the Powerpuff Girls (SAILOR MOON STYLE). 
WARNING: Only watch this if you can handle extreme cheesiness. 


I am so so sad that these generation of children will never know what Sailor Moon is and instead gets exposed by these Powerpuff fakery. At least watch the original ones blease, before watching this version. 

I know this is the epitome of sadness, but I still remember the theme song for the Powerpuff girls: "Fighting crime, trying to save the world, here they come just in time. The Powerpuff Girls. POWERPUFF!" I am a loser.  

2 comments:

  1. yes! it says "power puff girls" in japanese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why'd they have to show them minus the skirt first? damn pervy otakus

    ReplyDelete