Saturday, December 19, 2009

If you've ever thought of boiling an entire chicken...


If you are thrilled and titillated by the sight of this person's deep skin crevices and expletive filled chef-targeted rants.....but his coooking instructions remind you of a grocery list on crack... (watch below, fast forward to 25 second mark if you are impatient)



.......there may be a niche for you in the cooking world after all.



"Worst Cooks in America," featuring a guy who actually boiled a chicken, melted what I hope to God is cheese on it- and seems to be quite proud of it.

When I saw the colorful cast of characters in this kaleidoscope of cooking horrors, I have to be honest, I didn't think of kitchens, food, my own cooking mishaps... the thougth that ran through my mind in Kanye West style caps-lock font was...
"wait...that girl looks familiar...OH MY GOD THAT GIRL WORKS IN MY OFFICE! THAT GIRL WORKS IN MY OFFICE! THAT GIRL WORKS IN MY OFFICE" (ok i think three times got the point across)

...yes, indeed, one of the illustrious contestants on this show, (not the one who boiled a chicken, that wouldn't say much for my work colleagues, now would it?) is someone i see on a daily basis in my office.

I am now flooded with plans to stalk the breakroom/toaster/microwave area. Should I challenge her to an impromptu cook-off using only the ingredients in the breakroom? (old pizza, coffee grinds, and teabags...oooh, how Heston Blumenthal of me.) Should I observe every cup of coffee she makes to see if there's a signature "I won Worst Cooks in America" turn of the hand or flip of the wrist? Maybe I'll ask her to season and microwave some soup for me...

My working life is now just a little bit more interesting.
(on another note, apologies to the judgmental one for my lack of blog contributions. i know, shameful.)

2 comments:

  1. You work? I thought you're a full-time bloggist

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have blog contributors, this piece is written by one of them. and yes, she is working.

    ReplyDelete