Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lapses of Judgments

In the subzero temperature of last night, me and a friend decided to start drinking on Washington Square Park (cause we're klassy like that). As we were chugging our giant bottle of Corona-covered-in-plastic bag (cause we care about the law), three individuals came in a duration of a minute and offered us "Ganjaganjahashweedhash." Seriously, that's how they said it.

Image from The Wire (aka Barack Obama's favorite show)

During my time in NYU, I have never been offered drugs at the park, I thought it was so 90's of them to do so. I guess business was slow because it was so fucking cold last night and only people like us were out there (aka wannabe hobos). We chugged that beer in 5 minutes as we realize that we couldn't feel our fingers anymore.

So we continued our debauchery by going into a liquor store to buy more ammo. As I was at the cashier, he asked for my ID. I gave it to him. He looked at it, then looked at me... Then he asked me what's my address in my ID.

My response: I have NOOO IDEA. (wrong answer)

He gave a priceless reaction, then said, "You don't know where you live?"

Me: Dude, I don't live in California, I really don't know the address there. I know there's Corporate Park, Irvine. Something something, something.

Him: Alright then, when's your birthday?

Me: March 30, 1987

Him: I'm sorry but I have to swipe your card (I started laughing because I KNOW I can't be wrong about that)

Me: Go ahead, its real

(swipes)

Him: Alright miss, that will be $17.62

Me: Thanks

I guess I'm flattered that I still get carded... or I must look really different from my ID picture. Anyways, we decided to head into a bar before drinking some more later on. There's a bar below my friend's apartment called "Heather's". I don't know what the hell is wrong with that bar, but it smells like piss. Seriously, it smells like the toilet was their floor.
Later, I read on Yelp that the place was hipster central, I'm like... WHY? Is it because its "ironic" to go to a bar that smells like a man with a B.O. problem and a dirty urinal COMBINED? For 10 seconds I stood there wondering if I should just get used to the smell and start drinking. Yeah, I don't think so. If you guys think I'm "over-exaggerating," please feel free to venture there and give me some feedback.

I Love New York.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing. You really know how to write entertaining stuffs. If you're selling rights for a movie of your life, I'm buying it. The tricky thing will be deciding on making it a comedy or one of those artsy indie

    ReplyDelete
  2. --- this is a quote from yelp. it kinda mirrors your sentiments
    "Ok, want to know why Heathers sucks? Because it stank like B.O. and old balls, the drinks were not cheap, and the deejay was pretty wack. And it's kind of small. I came here on a Saturday night for a friends birthday, but definitely wouldn't come back. I had to leave after 20 minutes because the smell was intoxicating. Ew."

    ReplyDelete
  3. apparently they also serve champagne in a can.........

    ReplyDelete