Friday, March 5, 2010

James Cameron: Not Such A Douche?

The Avatar creator was on 'Inside the Actor's Studio' a couple of days ago, and from what I watched, I personally think he's not such a douche. Now, don't you haters start rabidly writing "HOW COULD YOU" emails to me. Mr. Cameron here is a well-known branded type of hollywood-director-douche as he has been known to make comments like this, this and this.
Is he pretentious and snobby? YES. But, maybe a misunderstood douche. I mean, if I ever made TWO of the top-grossing-movies EVER IN THE HISTORY OF EXISTENCE... Christ, you would never hear the end of it. NEVAAAR.

Now, there's another debate whether the movies (Titanic and Avatar) are actually good. I think they're pretty alright, but definitely not Oscar worthy. The fact that his ex-wife also got her movie nominated ('The Hurt Locker') is the only reason I'm going to watch the drool-siesta known as the Oscars. *I'm hoping for some up-close face shots when they announce the winner, and hopefully one of them will wince.

The fact that he was able to make so much goddamn moolah out of it, gives him reason to have certain bragging rights. Do people have an issue with his gloating? Of course! But everyone has to understand that some people just don't have class.

This is like calling the kettle black, oh yes, the irony! SHUT IT EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment