Friday, March 26, 2010

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

I haven't been back to California in almost a year, so I forgot that the food proportions are about 2-3 times as much as New York City's servings. I call it "stomach explosion" sizes.

Apparently, stomach explosion sizes are probably only excluded in New York City, because we all know that USA is a fat country. Especially the town of Huntington, West Virginia, winning the highest obesity population title along with the highest death rate from a heart attack. Armed with a new television program called, "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution," the British chef superstar is trying to change the way America eats by giving them epiphanic lifestyle changes. And I have to say that its a pretty good watch.

Short version of the first episode is that people do not like to be told on what to eat. They seem to consider lettuce and anything that looks naturally green in color as the enemy of their mouths. One family's food color spectrum only ranges from yellow to golden brown (aka deep fried and frozen food). I know my food habits are questionable sometimes, but compared to this family, I am like a pristine crystal example of healthy living. Yes, you know there's a problem, if I'm a shiny exemplar of something...

Seriously, this food business is some fucked up shit. When kids PREFER processed food than natural food, you know you have a fucking problem.

Anyways, moral of the show: nobody should ever see a grown man cry. It really did break of whatever is left of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment