Saturday, February 7, 2009

I Need Help


This has been my latest obsession, this one cheezy ass Korean drama... I thought I would never stoop to this level, buy my Korean friend in HARVARD has persuaded (very easily) for me to start watching this show. A lot of girls seems to be a fan of the guy on the top left corner (Lee Min Ho), but he's really not my type. 

It's called "Boys Before Flowers," based on that Japanese manga (Japanese comic) Hana Yori Dango. I don't understand what is seriously the fascination to that manga, I have read it before and must say that it was good. But somehow, its TV gold everywhere in Asia, I mean TV PLATINUM. If any of you remembered the Taiwanese drama "Meteor Garden" that came out 5 years ago, yep, also based on the same manga. The whole female population of freakin Asia was in love with these 4 "gorgeous" guys below. 


Like serious infatuation. I know some housewives that would get backstage passes to their concert to be able to get close to them, yes HOUSEWIVES WITH CHILDREN, NOT TEENAGERS. Thank the universe I managed not to get absorbed in that bru-ha-ha crap. But now, I am addicted, for some weird reason, I just CANNOT stop watching this Korean show. I know that its not good, and the worst part is that I know the whole plot of the story (because I've read it before). So why am I doing this? I don't know, but I do need help. It does help that they are all somewhat good-looking I guess.... FINE! I DO WATCH IT FOR THE GUYS OK??? 

Here's a synopsis from Wikipedia:
Jan Di is an average girl whose family owns a dry cleaning store located near the luxurious and well known Shin Hwa College. Jan Di meets the four richest and most spoiled boys, F4, when she delivers laundry to the school one day. After saving a boy from committing suicide, she is admitted into the school. An incident involving Jan Di's friend, Min Ji, forces her to declare war on the leader of the F4, Goo Joon Pyo.

To watch first episode click here: BOYS BEFORE FLOWER (with English Subs)
Just a fair warning, I'm not sure why Korean dramas are LOONG, its about 65 minutes per EPISODE and that's without commercials. Only watch and commit if you have serious time to kill. 

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAH!!!!!
    IM GLADDDDDDD UR WATCHING IT so i'm not the only one wasting my time. it IS pretty bad though.......and getting worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will you bean my valentine? HAHAHAHAHAHA, i think that's even funnier. but yes, i'm wasting so much of my time watching this crap. and the girl is SO ANNOYING! i wanna smack her!!!

    ReplyDelete