Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm 22 and Still Watching Cartoons...

I was talking with a friend about cartoons and he mentioned that some cartoons are just plain bizzaro and peculiar such as Spongebob Squarepants. I personally love Spongebob, however I never fully understood if there's any meaning behind it. Believe me, I tried watching that show under the influence of many many things and I still don't get what the point of that cartoon is. I shouldn't be analyzing cartoons for kids, there's a lot of other things to do with my time. Or is there? But if any of you have any theories to Spongebob, please enlighten me. 

ANYWAYS, he then sent me a this old cartoon, called "The Dirdy Birdy," that was shown in MTV a while back ago (like mid 90's). I find it really adorable, and the music is pretty great also. Its made by the same people that brought you "Courage the Cowardly Dog." Please watch it as it's my BIRTHDAY today, yes, I'm emotionally black-mailing you. Enjoy. But on a serious note, thanks to all of you that have been reading my blog, I truly appreciate it :D



*Thanks Anonymous for the tip

2 comments:

  1. You should try watching Spongebob with Indonesian dubbing - then it will be clear that it's all about some neo-liberal-conservative-radical-anarchism... thingy. And that regardless of the nationality of the voice actor, the sound of the word "Spongebob" will amuse some and bring upon tortuous death to others. And the dirdy birdy is disturbingly amusing. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the music is rad, this would be so good on 420 with a little something

    ReplyDelete