Monday, March 2, 2009

PSYCHING OUT: Celebrity Rehab Edition


My plan today was to stay at home and sleep in this oh-so-wonderful weather (look at post below). All the local schools, along with Fordham, Pace, and FIT universities have been closed today. NOT NYU THOUGH! But then I got an e-mail from my Psychology of Addiction professor stating: 


I know that some of you are wrestling with commuting issues. My intention for today is to give a brief talk and to then show the Celebrity Rehab video for about an hour and then have a discussion in which students can express their reactions.

Professor K------



I was TORN! As you know, I am quite a big VH1 fan! I watch this show once in a while, but never under academic pretenses. AHAHAHAHA! So yes my viewerships, I went to class in the midst of a freakin snow storm to watch MORE TV! I realized what is wrong with that sentence, but yet I am not ashamed of myself.  

The prof had the DVD for the first season, and quite honestly it was an enjoyable show; and by that moment, he became THE COOLEST PROFESSOR EVER!  This show basically takes (Z-listed) "Celebrities" (Chyna, Mary Cary, Daniel Baldwin, etc) and puts them in rehab and see how they go through their detox and addiction. He promised that we will watch the entire season by the end of this semester :D
I AM SO PSYCHED!

2 comments:

  1. debra you're so crazy! watch twin peaks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't mention Daniel's name with those others, ever again.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete